“I have not departed from Your judgments, For You Yourself have taught me.”-Psalm 119:102
I believe as she passes through life, A wise woman learns from every situation she finds herself in. She learns from the good, the Bad and the ugly. God teaches and she learns and in the end she stands and remains strong and resilient. Here are a few lessons I’ve learnt;
1. Assumptions are the relationship destroyers. They kill the trust in relationships so before you assume and base your conclusions on “what if “, first try “what if not”.
2. There are some things that are not big deals to you but however are huge deals to some others. Be careful how you speak, act or respond to situations. Act out of your spirit not your emotions.
3. Communication is key in every relationship be it platonic or not. Talk things out and try to work it out. Be honest and open in a relationship even if it means being vulnerable. If it doesn’t work out in the end, you know you have nothing to regret.
4. No matter how much you try, if they don’t want you, they don’t want you. Rest in the assuring fact that God wants you and this honey, is certainly enough for you.
5. Apologise genuinely for every mistake you make that you are aware of. It doesn’t kill to apologise. However, it will never be enough for some people. They fail to realize that you are moving towards perfection so in situations like that, for your sanity, apologise and please, KINDLY walk away.
6. No one who truly needs you and acknowledges this fact will ever leave you. Jesus wouldn’t leave you either.
7. Some people are fighting really hard battles in life and want to make you the reason for their many travails and drama. Refuse to be!! Keep things simple and straight.
8. There are times to fight and times to surrender and let go. If it’s worth fighting for, please fight. If you find out it’s a no-win situation, just let go. You’ll later realize that there are some things not worth fighting for after all.
9. Jesus, Yes, Jesus is the only one who can love you completely and perfectly even with all your flaws and shortcomings. If you commit yourself to man, you will be utterly disappointed and not withstanding Love-starved.
10. Respect people. Don’t point out their faults except when necessary. Don’t point accusing fingers. Love people genuinely despite all their faults. Keep no record of wrong done to you after all God doesn’t so why should you?
11. Appreciate people that genuinely love and care for you. Do something tangible for them to always say thank you. Pure love these days is a scarce commodity. You have nothing to lose I tell you.
12. Failure is a process in life. Failure is a journey to success. Failing doesn’t make you a failure. Giving up after failing makes you one. Do not let the fear of failure keep you down. Never give up. Just know that success is just a Bus top ahead.
13. You need wisdom and divine direction to run the affairs of your life wisely. I mean both God’s wisdom and human wisdom so I highly recommend that you spend time praying regularly and you study your bible from back to back.
14. Let a man woo you properly. Do not be in a hurry to give away your heart. Let him follow ‘Due Process’. It’s good for your self-esteem. You are not some cheap commodity. You are virtuous! You are priced far above rubies!! God’s desire for you is that you are sought after and most especially loved….and did I mention that you guard your heart and emotions very jealously?
15. Pain is a refining process in life. If your heart ever gets broken, be rest assured that God will always be there to heal you and make you whole. He never runs out of the ‘balm of Gilead’. Psalm 147:3. So don’t be afraid to go through pain.
16. A virtuous woman is timeless and priceless. She is worth more than fine Gold. Build yourself up to become one.
17. Trust God with your life and know that for this singular reason, you know your life can never go wrong. Allow Him become the lover of your soul
18. As a true virtuous woman, God will send you a true virtuous man and trust me honey, he will be worth your while. So don’t fret, just trust!
19. Love does more giving than receiving
Disclaimer: I’m not a relationship/life expert or anything close to it. I’m just a young girl that has been taught of God. Well, there you have it! Farewell. 🙂